Listen On …
Kewadin Casinos dots the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and employs over 2,000 people. To truly make this a success requires hard work for everyone and that includes the CEO. Allen Cerrige literally started from the ground floor and worked his way up the corporate ladder. Now Kewadin is getting ready to enter a new era of gaming and customer experience.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How working your way up the ladder gives you an advantage
- Why communication is critical both up and down the ladder
- Allen’s key piece of advice to get success in any business
Kewadin Casinos Website: Click Here
Upcoming Renovations for 2024: Click Here
Michigan’s Upper Peninsula is a land of unparalleled natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and exciting entertainment options. Among the many attractions that this region has to offer, Kewadin Casinos stand out as a testament to the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians’ remarkable history and their commitment to providing top-notch gaming experiences.
A Glimpse into the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians’ History
The story of Kewadin Casinos is deeply intertwined with the history of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians. The tribe’s roots in the Upper Peninsula date back centuries, with their ancestors thriving along the shores of Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, and Lake Huron. Their rich cultural heritage is marked by a deep connection to the land, water, and the bountiful resources of the region.
The formation of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians as a sovereign nation is a testament to their resilience and determination. In the mid-1970s, the tribe was officially recognized by the federal government, reaffirming their status as a distinct and self-governing Native American nation. This recognition paved the way for the development of Kewadin Casinos as a means to support the tribe’s economic self-sufficiency and provide employment opportunities for its members.
Kewadin Casinos: A History of Entertainment and Growth
Kewadin Casinos, a chain of five casinos located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, are the pride and joy of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians. The flagship casino, Kewadin Casino Sault Ste. Marie, opened its doors in 1985 and has since been a hub of entertainment and excitement in the region.
Over the years, the Kewadin Casinos have expanded to include locations in St. Ignace, Manistique, Christmas, and Hessel. Each casino offers a unique gaming experience and a chance to immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of the Upper Peninsula.
What to Expect When You Visit Kewadin Casinos
When you step into any of the Kewadin Casinos, you’ll be greeted by an atmosphere of excitement and hospitality. Here’s what you can expect:
- Gaming Galore: Kewadin Casinos offer a wide range of gaming options, including slot machines, table games, bingo, and poker. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a first-time player, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Delicious Dining: The casinos feature a variety of dining options, from casual eateries to upscale restaurants. Indulge in delicious local cuisine and savor flavors that reflect the region’s culinary traditions.
- Live Entertainment: Kewadin Casinos frequently host live entertainment events, including concerts, comedy shows, and special performances. Check their event schedule for a chance to enjoy top-notch entertainment during your visit.
- Rewards and Promotions: Join the Northern Rewards Club and take advantage of exclusive promotions, discounts, and rewards as a loyal guest of Kewadin Casinos.
- Cultural Experiences: Immerse yourself in the rich culture of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians by exploring the artwork and displays that adorn the casinos. Learn about the tribe’s history and contributions to the region.
- Scenic Surroundings: Many of the Kewadin Casino locations are nestled in the heart of Michigan’s natural beauty. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Great Lakes, forests, and picturesque landscapes when you step outside the casino doors.
So, there you have it! When you visit Kewadin Casinos in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, you’re not just going for the games; you’re immersing yourself in a world where Native American heritage meets modern entertainment. It’s a journey that combines the past, present, and future of this incredible region. Don’t wait – plan your visit today and get ready for a gaming adventure like no other!